Meet Our Legal Advocates
Dedicated Trial Attorneys
We are former prosecutors turned award-winning defenders, and we are a respected family law firm known for caring, trial-tested representation. Selected to the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 in Tennessee as well as rated a perfect 10.0 Superb by Avvo, our law firm has been recognized time and again for superior service and results.
2017 Bonnaroo Music Festival Arrests
Arrested at Bonnaroo 2017? Call (888) 412-5114
Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, oftentimes referred to as simply “Bonnaroo,” is one of the largest annual music festivals in the United States. Inspired by the massive art rock festivals of the late ’60s and ’70s, Bonnaroo has become a modern-day Woodstock, drawing massive crowds each year for four days of music and entertainment. The fun is not without its drawbacks, however, as heightened police presence typically leads to an increase in arrests during the festival each year.
Have you been arrested at Bonnaroo 2017? It is vital that you hire a lawyer as soon as possible to protect yourself from serious criminal consequences. At Parkerson Santel, PLLC, our highly trained Bonnaroo criminal defense attorneys are prepared to fight tooth and nail in defense of your freedom and explore every available opportunity to secure a reduction or dismissal of your charges. Backed by a 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating and an inclusion on The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 list for our unmatched advocacy and skills, we have what it takes to get the results you need.
Tell us about your charges during a no-cost consultation today.
Frequently Occurring Arrests at Bonnaroo Festival
Many arrests at Bonnaroo are for public intoxication or driving under the influence, while others stem from police-engineered drug operations designed to target festival-goers for drug possession and sales. A majority of these charges, particularly drug crimes, are felony offenses in Tennessee, exposing accused individuals to a myriad of serious criminal consequences if convicted. No matter what charges you may face, our attorneys are prepared to go the distance to protect you against your accusations and fight for a favorable outcome on your behalf.
We can protect you against the following types of Bonnaroo arrests:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Marijuana possession
- Drug possession
- Assault and battery
- Drug sales
- Fake ID arrests
- Minor in possession of alcohol
- Possession with intent to sell
Avoiding a Bonnaroo Arrest
If you are planning on attending Bonnaroo festival this year, it is imperative you take certain precautions to stay safe and avoid an unexpected brush with the law. The following tips can keep you out of trouble.
- Be Mindful of Your Surroundings: See something suspicious happening around you? Keep your distance! It is highly likely that there are law enforcement officers posing undercover as festival-goers and are looking for illegal activity, making it crucial that you stay away from any situation you think may be illegal. Also, never under any circumstances purchase or hold drugs for another person.
- Stay Hydrated: The beating sun and abundance of alcohol present at Bonnaroo can greatly impact a person’s ability to process alcohol. Drinking plenty of water can both help you avoid heatstroke and minimize your chances of being arrested for public intoxication.
- Keep Your Calm: Bonnaroo has a reputation for being a bit unruly at times. No matter what anyone around you says or does, stay calm. Getting into a fight with another festival-goer is not only a surefire way to get you kicked out, but it could also cause you to be arrested on charges of assault and battery.
Bonnaroo 2017 Headliners & Information
This year’s Bonnaroo festival will be held on June 8th-11th at Great State Park in Manchester, Tennessee and is set to feature more than 100 different artists, performers, and stand-up comedians across multiple stages and theaters. Check out the full lineup here.
Some of Bonnaroo 2017’s headlining artists include:
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- The Weeknd
- Chance the Rapper
- Major Lazer
- The XX
- Cage the Elephant
- Cold War Kids
Bonnaroo Traffic Stops
Police officers often target vehicles that may be heading to or from Bonnaroo through traffic stops or sobriety checkpoints in search of drugs or intoxicated drivers. It is not uncommon for police to stretch the limits of the Fourth Amendment and conduct questionable searches and seizures during these stops. If you have been pulled over on your way too or from Bonnaroo and charged with a crime, our attorneys can examine the circumstances surrounding your arrest and craft a strategy that contests the prosecution’s claims.
The following tips can help you avoid being arrested during a traffic stop:
- Do Not Drink and Drive: This goes without saying, but the only surefire way to avoid a Bonnaroo DUI arrest is to abstain from drinking and driving altogether. If you have been drinking during the festival, make sure you wait a considerable amount of time and eat plenty of food before getting behind the wheel of a car. Bringing a designated driver is the best plan.
- Do Not Carry Drugs: Again, the only 100% certain way of avoiding a drug or alcohol arrest is to not carry any drugs or open alcohol containers in your vehicle under any circumstances. Do not let any friends ride with you if they have drugs on their person.
- Maintain Your Vehicle: Unless you are at a sobriety checkpoint, police officers must have probable cause in order to pull you over. Ensuring your vehicle is properly maintained can help minimize a police officer’s available reasons to pull you over. Make sure all taillights and headlights work, make sure your registration tags are up to date, and do not drive a vehicle with a broken windshield.
- Drive Safely: Obey all traffic laws on the way to and from Bonnaroo. Speeding, texting while driving, changing lanes without signaling, tailgating, or engaging in other reckless maneuvers can make you stick out to police officers and get you pulled over.
- Be Polite: If you are pulled over, it is best to stay calm and comply with the officer’s requests, as long as they are reasonable. Provide your license and registration without resistance and maintain a friendly demeanor. With that being said, you do not have to answer any other questions the officer asks you, such as where you have been, where you are going, or whether you have had anything to drink. Anything you say can and will be used against you.
Hire a Skilled Bonnaroo Defense Attorney
Do not let an untimely arrest ruin both your Bonnaroo weekend and your livelihood. At Parkerson Santel PLLC, our Bonnaroo defense lawyers have handled thousands of cases and can provide the hard-hitting advocacy you need to get through this difficult time. The sooner you call, the more our efficient our team can be in devising an effective defense of your rights.
Get in touch with us today to review your legal options.
Contact Our Murfreesboro Attorney at Parkerson Santel, PLLC Today! (855) 457-8282